123 ANDESITE RIDGE
406 Andesite Ridge Road
2.41 acres 6,882 sq ft 5 br 5.5 ba
Andesite Ridge Road winds up through some of the prettiest country in Montana, and tucked among the lodgepole pines at its zenith is custom residence 123—a place that is defined by more than its individual elements, yet every element plays a pivotal role in creating what’s simply a living masterpiece. The exterior of this mountain home welcomes you with natural landscaping, several two-dot sandstone patios, an outdoor hot tub, and classic firepit. On the inside, history and functionality join forces to add yet another layer of character—the floors are reclaimed fir from an historic Montana schoolhouse and an Alaskan cannery; the stairs are made of oceanside pier wood; countertops are horse stall planks; and the ceiling and wall paneling is recycled corral boards. Combine the richness of these woods with an imaginative design that gently echoes the classic lodges of Yellowstone Park, and you begin to see why this home is so compelling. The layout delivers intimacy without sacrificing spaciousness.
The main level has an open kitchen with butlers’ pantry, dining room, impressive great room, and library. A loft offers cozy built-in bunks and a guest suite. In the opposite wing of the home, the master bedroom enjoys a deck with soaring Spanish Peaks views, a stone fireplace, voluminous closet, office, and a morning station. Another noteworthy aspect here—the master bath uniquely dovetails modern, clean-lined fixtures with the rustic mood established throughout the home. Finally, on the lower level is the guest wing, which includes a guest suite, a playroom and ‘Jack and Jill’ bedrooms connected by a shared bath. The timbers, the stone, the art, the textures—the details are as endless as they are outstanding. But the true nature of Home Mountain is revealed in things not so physical: warmth, character, impressiveness, and ultimate livability.
Andesite 123 evokes images of entertaining close friends on long summer afternoons, and sipping cocoa by the fire after a day riding cold smoke powder.
- 5 Bed, 5 Bath + 1 Powder Room
- 3-Car Garage
- 2.13 Acres
- 5 fireplaces
- Located at the top of Andesite, near the Hideaway ski lift, with ski access to both Yellowstone Club and Big Sky Resort
- Landscaping front and back, multiple two-dot sandstone patios, hot tub, and outdoor firepit
- Recycled corral board ceiling and wall paneling, interior ceiling framing is reclaimed hand-hewn beams and beetle-killed pine logs
- Floor is reclaimed, distressed fir
- Cabinets throughout home are reclaimed fir face frames, doors, and drawers
- Stair treads are recycled oceanside pier planks, and wood countertops are ‘horse plank’ fir
- Loft above main level with built-in bunks and guest suite
- Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and butler’s pantry, Wolf range, SubZero refrigerator and wine cooler, two Meile dishwashers, built-in Meile coffee system