146 ANDESITE RIDGE
36 Pumice Road
2.66 acres 7,432 sq ft 6 br 7 ba
A home in Yellowstone Club’s classic Andesite Ridge neighborhood provides many unparalleled luxuries: an escape at which crisp, snowy evenings are the backdrop for warm family gatherings, a ski chalet with unbeatable access to some of the world’s finest powder skiing, and a secluded retreat tucked away from the world and nestled in Montana’s lodgepole forests. Additionally, it embodies the Yellowstone Club lifestyle – fine dining, concierge services, and abundant recreation opportunities are all within easy reach. First Light Lodge, located on a spacious 2.66 acre lot at 36 Pumice Road, epitomizes these elements and is known for its unparalleled view of a breathtaking alpine sunrise.
Upon arriving at First Light Lodge, the Larry Pearson-designed rustic, warm interior of the home welcomes guests and family. Built entirely of reclaimed logs and wood, the foundation for this home is comprised of vintage planks, custom timber accents, and five Montana stone fireplaces. Ceilings with exposed beams and planks and large timbered posts give rooms grandeur and presence. The home’s main level provides comfortable gathering spaces as well as a private oasis in the guest master suite, separated from the rest of the level by the graceful entryway. The magnificent three-sided fireplace – open to the living room, the dining room, and the outdoor deck – anchors the home and allows for warm and memorable family gatherings. The cook of the family will delight in the space and convenience of the home’s kitchen, where custom cabinetry, wood and stone countertops, and stainless appliances turn even a simple meal into a culinary delight.
The home’s lower level includes abundant space for recharging and relaxing. One guest suite and a bunk room offer ample options for visitors, and a traditional wood sauna, wood stove, cinema room with a beautiful English pub, and recreation room complete with a rustic wooden stove create opportunities for a variety of après-ski activities. Undoubtedly, many ski days will end with a soak in the outdoor hot tub, complete with views of the Gallatin Range.
The ultimate master suite comprises the home’s upper level, which offers a comfortable master bedroom and bathroom with sitting area and fireplace; a loft office that, while open to below, maintains a sense of warmth and privacy; and an exercise area. The upper level also boasts magnificent views of the Gallatin Range and brings Montana’s abundance of natural beauty into the home through expansive windows in the master bedroom. In addition to the main house, First Light Lodge has a two-stall garage with an additional two exterior stalls. Comfortable guest quarters, with two bedrooms and an additional bathroom, sit above the garage and make even more room for family gatherings amidst the grandeur of the Rocky Mountains of Montana.
- Immediate ski access to world-renowned Private PowderTM and Big Sky Resort via the Hideaway Lift
- Main house features two master suites, a guest suite, and a bunk room
- Guest quarters located above the garage, which include two bedrooms and a full bathroom
- Spacious 2.66 acre lot size
- 6 bathrooms + 1 Powder Room
- Exercise room, recreation room with wood stove, hot tub, traditional wood sauna, cinema room with English pub, ski storage, spacious laundry room
- Views to the south of Eglise Mountain and the Gallatin Range; views to the north of the Spanish Peaks
- Five stone fireplaces, including a unique three-sided fireplace that opens to living room, dining area, and deck
- Custom rustic touches throughout, including regional art, stacked stone, and wide-plank wood floors
- Easy access to the Warren Miller Lodge and entire base area, plus close to Big Sky/Moonlight Basin ski access
- Outdoor stone living area with Viking Grill and external fireplace